Friday, July 3, 2009

plans coming into focus

With a little over a week until our trip begins everything seems to be coming together.

I've only managed to get in about 75 miles this week but the rides felt really good so at the risk of being over confident I think my body is ready for the real thing.

Talking with my parents last week my Mom asked why I was driving to Santa Fe to ride back past Dallas. Since neither my Dad or I had a good answer the new plan is for them to come to the Dallas area and we will start from here.

I suppose we are not doing a half-cross-country trip...but it sure makes the planning easier and will get me back to work sooner which (I think) will make my partners happy.

Mom & Dad will hit the road next Wednesday and take a couple of days before getting to the campground near Denton on Friday. Vicki (my wife) will meet them at the part to learn about hooking up the motorhome.

The weekend will hopefully be enough time for her to get comfortable driving the motorhome and for me to get a few miles on the "new" bike.

Plan is to start the trip on the 13th (our anniversary) with a relatively short 60 mile first day.

No comments:

Post a Comment