Monday, July 6, 2009

last training ride?

Today was a beautiful day in the DFW area with temperatures in the 80s rather than the 100+ degree days we have been having. It was also likely the only day I will be able to get out for a "long" ride due to work, so I took advantage of it.

Our first day out is planned to be about 55 miles so that was my goal for today. When the ride started my plan was to take it easy. While I certainly didn't push myself it was a day when everything just felt good so my time for today's ride was my best so far.

The route took me north through Denton near where Dad and I will ride next Monday but just to the west of where we will be riding. From there I headed west to Krum, a town of about 2000 in the middle of nowhere. The roads were mostly empty, and I was surprised there weren't more bikers out taking advantage of the great weather.

I completed just over 55 miles in just over 4 hours and still felt strong at the end of the ride. Today's training route is fairly flat, about 2,000 feet of climbing, but makes me feel I'm ready.

Looking forward to Mom & Dad getting here on Friday and getting at least a few miles on the "new" bike before Monday. Otherwise I expect the rest of this week to be a little crazy getting everything done at work and home before I leave.

No comments:

Post a Comment