Saturday, July 4, 2009

good things come to those who wait

I've commented in prior blogs about my frustration that with all the training my weight has failed to budge.

With today's blog I'm happy to say my scale reported this morning that I've now lost 10 pounds since starting training.

Early on my family was very supportive...you are building muscle and muscle is heavier than fat. While I'd like to think I have built muscle with all this training, my guess is it took my body a while to speed up my metabolism based on my new activity level.

Whatever the reason, the last week or so the weight has started to finally come off, which is good with the start of the trip about a week away. Just as you notice hills and wind more when on the bike I also certainly notice the weight every time I climb a hill.

On a completely different note, Mom made me laugh with an email she sent late last night. It seems one of her neighbors follows this blog more closely than she does, so she was caught off guard when the neighbor commented on my "sore bottom".

My thanks to all of you who have been following the training and have sent your well wishes and comments. I'm looking forward to getting started and hopefully experiencing some interesting stories to share!

No comments:

Post a Comment